Monday, February 27, 2012

Downing Street in London, England

I might not be able to see the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and the Chancellor of the Exchequer but I did had the chance to see the building where live. Yes, I was in Downing Street in London, England. It is not so far from the Houses of Parliament and you can just walk from there.

Here are some of the snapshots I took during my three weeks trip in England last 2008.

Downing street was built in the 1680s by Sir George Downing (1632–1689) on the site of a mansion called Hampden House.

The Prime Minister's official residence is 10 Downing Street; the Chancellor's official residence is next door at Number 11.

Thanks to a dear friend from England named Rolly or Loloy, who accompanied me for some days sightseeing in England. Thanks for everything Loy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More